The Mission of the School of Graduate Studies and Research is to work collaboratively with all academic units to educate and train future scholars, teachers, researchers and professionals and to produce knowledge and research in the fields and areas in which they will work. To carry out this mission, the SGSR serves as the chief academic advocate for graduate education at FAMU, and is responsible for Recruiting, enrolling and retaining domestic and international students.
Here are some of the functions of the Graduate Studies Office:
- Ensuring a well facilitated graduate admission process
- Managing graduate tuition waivers, fellowships, assistantships and scholarships.
- Working with graduate student organizations.
- Promoting, encouraging and supporting graduate student research.
- Helping undergraduates prepare for and gain admittance to graduate school through the Graduate Feeder Scholars’ Program.
- Handling processes related to graduate faculty and creating programs that facilitate faculty development.
- Overseeing the dissertation and thesis processes.
- Ensuring compliance with all SACS graduate and professional accreditation standards.
- Engaging in the review and approval of new and revised graduate programs.
- Encouraging new program ideas and intellectual pursuits.
For more information, please click here: