The university Honors program provides a series of challenging courses and extra curricular activities for students who excel academically. The major goals of the program are (1) to encourage academic excellence and (2) to provide a more challenging academic experience for high achieving students.
Requirements for General Honors
- SAT of 1200 or ACT of 27 or above for entering freshmen.
- GPA of 3.0 for non-entering freshmen and sophomores.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) hours of honors credit.
- Completion of an honors thesis (in the senior year).
Advantages of Membership
- Possible acceleration in completion of general education requirements.
- Enrollment in classes of reduced size.
- Opportunities for the development of leadership skills.
- Recognition on transcript of honors courses successfully taken.
- Certificate of Achievement for successfully completing the program.
- Opportunity for participation in regional and national meetings of Honors Councils.
*Other university conferences may be substituted in part for this requirement.
For more information, please click here: